Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

My Entrepreneur Experience

Hello Everyone,

As you all may not know i am a college student, I attend brooklyn college and am persuing my BS in psychology. Well any who I applied for an Entrepreneur program this semester and out of the 100's that applied to the program i "GOT IN". I was excited and extremely happy because i still had much to learn about running my own business. Especially since i had no business background, I was learning as i went which became complicated and hard sometimes when i ran into what i called a "bumpy road." The program is called The Liebowitz Entrepreneur Program, It helped me realize that my business is for me and that i should not be scared to take risks. If you ever needed that push to persue your entrepreneur endeavors Check out The Liebowitz Entrepreneur program on youtube. The videos have speakers that will help you realize that anyone can start their own business if they believe in themselves, their product and are determined.

I know their are many skeptical women out their especially when it comes to reusable menstrual cloth pads but i believe in my product and eventually cloth pads will be something women are used to hearing and seeing, I could only hope that one day Cloth menstrual pads will be the normative in society everywhere in the world.

Well i wanted to share with you that before i entered this program i feared speaking in public, talking to strangers and this program helped me brake out of my shell not completely but it helped me tremendously.

My fellow classmates and I had to present each weak in front of the class our business/ Ideas each week and we gave each other feedback which was helpful. In addition we also had to sell our products if we had any and of course i sold Orgo Pads outdoors on my campus even though i knew i was going to get criticism from girls/women because some people are just plain ignorant and thats fine. It was nerve wrecking knowing i would have to sell outdoors when the semester would come to an end but as I attended class i built confidence in myself and what i believed and i just went for it. On May 1st and May 8th from 1-4pm i packed and unloaded my car setup my table with Orgo Pads in every size along with Dual Pocket Wetbags, and Detergents. I even had my Sister-In-Law help me (she is not fully for cloth but she is getting used to the idea). =)

Vanessa Mercado / Owner (Left Side), Zinnia Islam (Right Side)

I knew what to expect from students, some girls/women stared at my products like they had blood stains on them already "Wierd Right", One girl even told me to get out here because my products were disturbing!, and some women were just ignorant. I was even stared at like i was a alien... LOL. On the other hand some people were grateful to know they had other options other then disposables and surprised as i was i made a few sales. To be honest i did not expect to sell one thing. However despite the criticism i stood strong and motivated and when their were customers interested i kept my smile and took my time to explain my product and the benefits.
Just a tip for some people: Dont let anyone knock you down =]

The way i displayed my products really attracted women. The colors/prints were so eye catching and looked so amazing, some just had to keep looking. Now I knew i had some peoples attention and some women's curiosity grew =) 


Top to bottom: Postpartum/overnight pads, Heavy day pads, Light Day Pads, Pantyliners



Round Basket: Petite Liners (Top), Mini Liners (Bottom)
Orgo Pads Promotional T-shirt: Now Available on www.orgopads.com



I was so proud of myself for staying positive and sometimes that is just what you have to do to keep going and to really give your all. I may not be a well known brand like other menstrual cloth pad products but i take pride in what i do and am happy to know that i am able to help some women with Orgo Pad products. I am also looking forward to the new products i have coming soon to Orgo Pads website


I just want to thank my fans for there support and to my past/prior customers you have truly helped me come this far. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By Sour Apple Studio | All Rights Reserved